2023 Quilt Show Rules and Registration – Updated 9/16/23
- Quilt must be registered on or before Tuesday August 29th.
- Register each quilt separately on wowquiltguild.com.
- Quilt must have been made by a current WOW guild member (paying a full membership of $30).
- Quilt must not have been in any previous WOW quilt shows.
- Members may show up to five (5) quilts as follows:
- One large quilt (72” and wider), two lap/twin size quilts, one 2023 WOW mystery quilt, and one miniature, OR
- One large quilt (72” and wider), three lap/twin size quilts, and one miniature, OR
- Three lap/twin size quilts, one 2023 WOW mystery quilt, and one miniature
- If you register your WOW November 2022 Gnome Quilt or Grandparent Quilt to be part of our Special Exhibits (non-judged), it will not “count against” your limit of five quilts as listed above.
- Quilt must have three layers: two layers of cloth filled with batting material held together by stitching. Quilts may be embellished with materials other than cloth.
- Quilt must be finished, clean, and undamaged.
PREPARE YOUR QUILT(S) FOR THE SHOW
- LABEL YOUR QUILT: Entries must have a rectangular muslin label sewn on or safety pinned to the top left corner on the back of the quilt or on the inside of the quilted garment with the following information:
- Phone number, and
- Title of the quilt
- PREPARE YOUR CLOTH CASE: Each quilt must be submitted in a cloth case. Your name and phone number must be written or on a securely pinned label on the case. Please do not bring your quilt in a shopping bag or other handled carrier. Use a cloth case such as a pillow case. During the show, cases will be pinned to the back of each quilt’s drape so that it is easily available for take-down. It is difficult to pin shopping bags to the drape on the display.
- INSURE YOUR QUILT if you wish. Quilt maker is responsible for insuring quilt(s) entered in the show.
DROP OFF YOUR QUILT(S)
Arrange to drop off your quilt(s) during one of the following times:
- Monday, September 25 during the social half hour prior to the WOW member meeting
- Saturday, October 7 (10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) Four Seasons Quilt Shop, Maple Grove
- Friday, October 13 (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.) at the Maple Grove Community Center
When you drop off your quilt, you will be given a receipt to be used to pick up your quilt(s) after the show. If you entered your quilt(s) to be judged, your $10 payment per judged quilt can be made when you drop off your quilt.
PICK UP YOUR QUILT(S)
You can pick up your quilt(s) during one of the following times:
- Saturday, October 14 5:00 – 6:00, Maple Grove Community Center
- Monday, October 23, WOW Member Meeting
To pick up your quilt, you must have a photo ID, or a copy of the receipt you were given when you dropped off your quilt(s). If someone is picking up your quilt(s) on your behalf, they MUST have a copy of your receipt.
Quilts will not be available for pick-up before 5:00 PM on October 14.
These pick-up procedures may seem overly strict. They are in place to help ensure safety of the volunteers who will be handling the quilts while the pole and drape is being removed, as well as careful handling of the valuable quilts themselves, and to ensure the correct quilts are returned to the correct people. Thanks for your understanding.